In order to access some airlines through Duffel, you will need to register with IATA (International Air Transport Association) for a TIDS (Travel Industry Designator Service) code.
To learn more about TIDS, head over to the IATA website.
You won't be able to get a TIDS if you're based in the US - but they're available in almost all other countries.
Applying for a TIDS code is free. Here's what you'll need:
- Documentation supporting the legal form of business and ownership of the business entity (for example: Article of Incorporation)
- Copy of the business registration, including tax registration or applicable business registration number
- Bank letter or statement of account in the name of the business
- Letter of recommendation from an IATA Airline, GDS or other major industry supplier
- Government-issued license for sale of travel-related services where applicable (for example: Applicants in Canada located in BC, ON, and QC must provide a copy of their provincial travel agency license. Applicants in Turkey must provide a copy of the license issued by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism & Culture)
- Signed copy of the TIDS Terms and Conditions
Duffel can provide you with a letter of recommendation - to request one, just email email@example.com. Make sure you include your business's legal name and address in your email.
Once you have all of the documents ready, you can apply here on the IATA website.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.